Precinct Urban Planning has specialist expertise and experience in the preparation, lodgement and project management of development applications through the development approval process on behalf of private sector clients, public entities, community groups and non-profit organisations.
This involves the conceptualisation and facilitation of development proposals through the statutory development assessment and approvals system. Core tasks typically include:
- The provision of strategic development advice on development options and statutory and development compliance matters;
- The preparation of development applications under the Planning Act 2016 and related legislation including supporting town planning reports and assessments;
- The coordination of sub-consultant engineering, economic and environmental inputs including studies and specialist investigations;
- The management of development applications through the Development Assessment System;
- Coordinating State Government assessments and referral obligations;
- Undertaking statutory public notification on behalf of development applicants;
- Development conditions and infrastructure charges negotiation; and
- Expert evidence and town planning appeal representation in the Planning & Environment Court.
Precinct Urban Planning also acts for clients in the following statutory tasks related to the development assessment process:
- The preparation of planning submissions and objections on behalf of third party submitters, and
- Responding to issues of statutory compliance including Show Cause and Enforcement Notices.